Reign of terror yet to abate, as bandits levy deaths; 42 killed in Kaduna, 15 soldiers, 3 NSCDC officers killed in Sokoto

In a press release made by Maj Gen Benjamin Olufemi Sawyer, director, defense information of the Nigeria Army, he disclosed that aggressive operations of troops of the FOB, as witnessed in recent months in the North-west, had been a thorn in the flesh of ISWAP and bandits. He said the attackers came in large numbers using telecom network provided from neighboring country, and capitalized on the lean rear area protection force, when the main troops were out conducting offensive operations within their area of responsibility.

0
154
Bandits brought terror attacks on Madamai and Abun communities in Kaura Local Government Area of Kaduna State, on Sunday, killing 34 people, including a family of 13. Eight persons sustained various degrees of injury

Bandits brought terror attacks on Madamai and Abun communities in Kaura Local Government Area of Kaduna State, on Sunday, killing 34 people, including a family of 13. Eight persons sustained various degrees of injury, while the terrorists burnt down about 20 houses.

This is barely 24 hours after a joint military base, codenamed “Burkusuma camp”, in Sabon Birni Local Government Area of Sokoto State was attacked by persons suspected to be members of the Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP). 15 soldiers and 3 NSCDC officers were killed.

There was, also, a reprisal attack in Kacecere village in Zangon Kataf Local Government Area of Kaduna State, which claimed another eight lives.

In a separate statement confirming the reprisal attack yesterday, Kaduna State Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, blamed the reprisal attack, which led to the deaths of eight people, on the killing of the 34 people in Madamai village, Kaura Local Government Area, and one Yakubu Danjuma in Kacecere village in Zangon Kataf Local Government Area.

Aruwan stated, “The Kaduna State government has received reports from security agencies of an attack by unidentified persons in Kacecere village, Zangon Kataf LGA, which has resulted in the deaths of some citizens.

“According to the reports, this attack was in reprisal to earlier attacks in Jankasa village, Zangon Kataf LGA, where one Mr. Yakubu Danjuma was killed, and also in Madamai in Kaura LGA where 34 persons were killed.”

The senator for Southern Kaduna, Danjuma La’ah, condemned the attack and lamented the persistent attacks in the area, which had led to the killing of hundreds of people.

“If government refuses to take proactive measures to address the issue, the people will be left with no option than to embark on self-defense,” the senator said.

On its part, the Nigeria Army has confirmed that ISWAP attacked its base in Sabon Birni, Sokoto State.

In a press release made by Maj Gen Benjamin Olufemi Sawyer, director, defense information of the Nigeria Army, he disclosed that aggressive operations of troops of the FOB, as witnessed in recent months in the North-west, had been a thorn in the flesh of ISWAP and bandits. He said the attackers came in large numbers using telecom network provided from neighboring country, and capitalized on the lean rear area protection force, when the main troops were out conducting offensive operations within their area of responsibility.

Sawyer, however, stated that the swift reinforcement by troops helped to counter the attack, as many of the ISWAP fighters were eliminated while some scrambled with various degrees of injury, resulting in their pursuit to Bassira in Niger Republic.

The gunmen also reportedly attacked Katsira village and shot four persons. Two of the victims were said to have died instantly while the other two were taken to an undisclosed hospital. Three persons were abducted in that encounter.

In Sokoto, an emerging trend of community pushback against….

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.